Q: Is it permissible:
1. For a person to stand in respect for a national flag?
2. For a person to sing the national anthem of a country?
3. To listen to the national anthem of one’s country which contains music, and women are singing along with men in the recording?
1. It is wrong. The flag is a dead thing without any significance. Why should you stand for it. Don’t make it like an idol.
2. If it contains any word of kufr or shirk words of misguidance or follows musical tones then it is wrong.
3. It is impermissible.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)