Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Can a Person be Forgiven for a Sin Committed in Childhood?

Can a Person be Forgiven for a Sin Committed in Childhood?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I am a student of Islamic university and I am on my hunt for a serious question. We discussed it with our fellows and class mates but could not find any solutions. The only thing we came up to is that person should die or his matter should be left to Allah. If a boy that is not baaligh has committed zina with his sister not knowing what he is doing he just done it (like he didn’t know the punishment or exactly the relation with his sister) then when he grew up he realized what he has done and is ashamed and asks Allah for forgiveness, is their any way he could get free from his dirty sin that he has committed in his childhood? The boy has actually realized and the sin is killing him from inside. Is their any type of kafara or something in our religion that could be done by him to get freedom from his sin?


A: Sincere taubah and repentance and preferably he should give some sadaqah. Allah Ta`ala will forgive him insha Allah.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: