Is there Qurʾānic evidence that prohibits anal sex?
In the Name of God, Most Merciful, Most Kind
Thank you/ Jazāk Allāh Khayr for contacting us with your question.
Both the Qurʾān and authentic Ḥadīth are reliable sources for guidance.
It is agreed upon by all Muslim jurists that anal sex is strictly prohibited in Islam. The Prophet (peace be upon him) has instructed,
“Do not approach women in their anuses [to fulfill your carnal desires]”. – (Tirmidhī)
“God does not glance [with mercy] towards that man who approaches another man or a woman [for fulfillment of his sexual desires] in [their] anus.” (Tirmidhī)
It is worthy to note that according to medical experts, anal intercourse is the riskiest form of sexual activity and has countless medical health risks. Some common risks are listed below:
- Tearing of the tissue
- Bacteria and viruses entering into the bloodstream
- Spread of sexually transmitted infections including HIV, hepatitis, herpes, HPV, and other infections
- Anal warts and anal cancer
- Weakening of the anal sphincter
- Serious injury and bleeding
- Perforation in the colon.
And Allāh Knows Best