The balcony of the palace of ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu) is made of gold

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

Question

Is there a narration which states that balconies in Jannah are made of gold? I have seen the following English translation “I came upon a square palace having balconies made of gold” but cannot find the mention of balconies in the Arabic.

Answer

This narration is recorded in Sunan Tirmidhi. The narration is regarding the palace of Sayyiduna ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu) which Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) had seen in Jannah.

Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) described the palace of Sayyiduna ‘Umar: “…I came to a square palace, that had a balcony of gold…”

The Arabic word is ‘مشرف’ which is explained as ‘له شرفة’ i.e. It has a balcony.

(Refer: Sunan Tirmidhi and Tuhfatul Ahwadhi, Hadith: 3689)

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com