Is the following narration suitable to quote?
Sayyidah ‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) has said that there are ten noble traits of character:
- Speaking the truth.
- [Having] True courage/strength when it comes to the obedience of Allah Ta’ala.
- Giving to the needy.
- Returning a good favor.
- Maintaining family ties.
- Taking care of and returning a trust [something kept by you for safekeeping].
- Being good to the neighbor [stand up for him and protect his dignity].
- Being good to the companion [stand up for him and protect his dignity].
- Hosting and looking after the guest well.
- And the best of them [i.e. these traits] is Modesty.
This narration has been recorded as the statement of Sayyidah ‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) by Imams Hannad ibn Sariy, Ibn Abid Dunya, Hakim Tirmidhi, Kharaiti, and others (rahimahumullah).
(Kitabuz Zuhud of Hannad ibn Sariyy, Hadith: 1046, Makarimul Akhlaq of Ibn Abid Dunya, Hadith: 36-39, Nawadirul Usul, Hadith: 992, and Makarimul Akhlaq of Kharaiti, Hadith: 97; Also see: An-Nihayah Fi Gharibil Hadith, Letters: ذ م م , Faydhul Qadir, Hadith: 8196, and Ithafus Sadatil Muttaqin, vol. 7 pgs. 326-327, and Fadail Sadaqat, Rights of Neighbors, Chapter 1 pg. 123)
The narration is suitable to quote.
(Also see: Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 7324, Al ‘Ilalul Mutanahiyah, Hadith: 1214, Lisanul Mizan, vol. 2 pgs. 392-393, Al-Faydhul Qadir, Hadith: 8196)
And Allah Ta’ala knows best.
Answered by: Moulana Farhan Shariff
Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist.