A specific type of Salah for the first night of Dhul Hijjah?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

I have heard that on praying four rak’ahs on the first night of Dhul Hijjah in a way that after Surah Fatihah in each rak’ah Surah Ikhlas is recited twenty five times. A person will receive the reward of twenty five years of ‘ibadah and he will see his abode in paradise before death (Tadhkiratul Wa’izin).

Please confirm if this can be practiced upon.

Answer

I have not come across this narration in any primary Hadith source. One should be cautious and abstain from quoting a Hadith (like the one in question) when the Hadith is untraceable in any original Hadith source, until its authenticity can be verified.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com