‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) only has one date in her home which she gives in charity and the virtue of caring for daughters

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

I am looking for the incident regarding when a lady came to Sayyidah ‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) with two daughters to beg. Sayyidah ‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) only had one date to spare them.

Please mention the incident and reference.

Answer

This incident is recorded in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim. The narration is as follows:

Sayyidah ‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) relates, “A woman came with her two daughters to beg. I had nothing but a date, which I gave her. She divided it between her two daughters and she did not eat any of it herself. Then she got up and left. When Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) came, I informed him about this and he said, ‘If someone is tested by daughters, they will be a shield against Jahannam for him.’”

(Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 1418, 5995 and Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 2629)

Also see here and here

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com