Abu Bakr (radiyallahu ‘anhu) possessed many good qualities

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

One day Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) sat with the Sahabah (radiyallahu ‘anhum) and explained to them that character has 360 branches and whomsoever has one will go to Jannah. Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radiyallahu ‘anhu) then asked, ‘O Rasulullah! Do I have any one of them in me?” Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) replied, ‘You have all 360 in you.”

I am requesting the reference of the above Hadith if it exists and the correct wording.

Answer

Imam Abu Bakr ibn Abid Dunya (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration [mursalan]. The narration is suitable to quote.

(Makarimul Akhlaq, Hadith: 29, Tarikh Dimashq, vol. 30 pg. 103. Also see: Tarikhul Khulafa, pg. 138)

The correct wording of the narration is as follows:

Sulayman ibn Yasar (rahimahullah) says, Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“There are three hundred and sixty (360) good qualities. When Allah Ta’ala intends good for a person, he grants him one of these qualities and by virtue of [this quality], He will enter him into Jannah. Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radiyallahu ‘anhu) asked, ‘Do I have any part of these 360 qualities’?. Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) replied, ‘Yes, you have all.’

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com