Reciting Quran from a computer

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by DarulUloomTT.net

Q. I would like to find out concerning reciting and learning the quran the following questions.

1. At my office I have the coloured coded quran on my computer, since most of time is spent at my desk I will learn an ayah or surah and perfect it, most times I don’t have wadu. Could I continue to learn to perfect the surah’s?

2. The surah’s I perfected could I recite from the quran in the computer without wadu? NB: During the time women can’t pray I don’t learn or recite the quran from the computer.

A. 1) You can continue in this way. However, you must (give up) recite the suras or verses to someone who is competent, to ensure that you are not making mistakes in your recitation and pronunciation.

2) You can recite the Quran from the computer without wudhu. However, you will not be allowed to do this in the state of major ritual impurity (as you have mentioned).

And Allah knows best.

Mufti Waseem Khan

This answer was collected from DarulUloomTT.net, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Waseem Khan from Darul Uloom Trinidad and Tobago.

Find more answers indexed from: DarulUloomTT.net