|Virtues of Zamzam
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.
Saiduna Ibn Abbas Radiallahu Anhu reports that the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam has said, ‘The best water on the face of the Earth is the water of Zamzam. It contains food to satisfy hunger and a cure for illness. The worst water on the face of the Earth is the water at Wadi Barut in Hadramawt, which is like locusts in comparison with other pests. It gushes in the morning and is dry by the evening.’ (Tabarani)
The Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam said to Abu Dhar Ghifari Radiallahu Anhu who had stayed near the Kabah and its coverings for forty days and nights with no food or drink other than the Zamzam; ‘How long have you been here?’ Saaiduna Abu Dhar Ghifari Radiallahu Anhu said ‘I have had nothing but Zamzam water and I have gotten so fat that I have folds of fat on my stomach. I do not feel any of the tiredness or weakness of hunger and I have not become thin.’ The Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam said, “Verily, it (Zamzam) is blessed. It is food that nourishes.” (Sahih Muslim)
Only Allah Knows Best
Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham
Virtues of Zam zam
This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.
Find more answers indexed from: DarulIftaBirmingham
- I would like to ask about the regrets which are distrubing me. Once I had a intercourse and I performed oral to my wife, May I please know, how to repent on that, becuase I feel like I have done a very big sin.
- Single woman shaving her legs and arms
- Breaking an oath
- I am working with two employers (one full time and one part time). My full time employer deducts income tax on my income as per government rules but my second employer does not deduct the income tax and deposit the total income in my bank account. Now with my total income (income from full time employer plus from part time employer), there is some tax payable to government at the end of year. My questions are: (1) When submitting my annual income tax declaration (required by government of Pakistan), should I declare the amount received from my part time employer as my income? Will it be considered as lying if I do not declare this as my income? (2) Can I ask my part time employer to transfer my income to a bank account which belongs to my father? (As he is retired now so he will be paying a lesser amount of tax as compared to what I am currently paying). (3) In point 2, will my father be the owner of that amount? Do I still need to show this in my income tax statement?
- To fine teachers for using their mobile phones during lessons
- White wine vinegar
- Detaining staff after the time of employment