Answered by: Molana Eunus Ali
I have a few questions about Salah
1. What is meant by one should delay Noyyah and TakbirTahrimah? If one talks for a few seconds after intention will he need to redo his intention? Will it have the same ruling if the Imam tells the followers to straighten the row?
2. Can one change his intention after he has started salah before going into Ruku?
3. What will be the ruling of forgetting to do SajdahSahw? Will salah need to be repeated during that salah time? What if Salah time has finished? Will he need to do Qadha?
4. Can one pray Bismillah before reading Tashahhud?
5. What is the ruling of one saying the word “Thana” before reading the actual Thana?
6. What will happen if the Awra is revealed several times in Salah but each time it is less than three SubḥānAllāh (in different postures)?
JazākaAllāhu Khayrā for your time and effort.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
The Niyyah (intention) is that which the heart intends and not that uttered by the tongue.
It is permissible to make the intention before the TakbirTahrimah and it is not necessary to do the both simultaneously. However if any external issues which are not related to salah takes place related to the worldly affairs in between making the intention and the salah, the intention should be renewed. For example talking, eating, drinking etc.This is for the person praying alone.
If one is attending the congregational prayer and makes the intention when leaving the home, it will not be necessary for him to renew when the Imam calls out the TakbirTahrimah.
The Imam willnot be required to renew his intention after instructing for the rows to be straightened as this is related to the salah.
It is necessary to specify the salah in the intention before commencing the salah. It will not be permissible to change the intention after starting the salah.
If one forgets to perform the sajdahsahw it can be performed as long as the person remains in the masjid or any action is not carried out which is contrary to salah (such as talking, eating etc.).
If the salah time lapses it will not be necessary to repeat the salah provided it was not left out purposely.
As the recitation of Bismillah is not established from the sunnah before the tashahhud it should be avoided.
To utter any word which is not a part of the salah will invalidate the salah weather it is said intentionally or by mistake.
As the word ‘Thana’ is not part of the salah rather it is the title of the dua, hence by uttering it before the actual dua will result in the salah becoming invalid.
If the awrah is exposed on several occasions for less than the three tasbeehs each time, the salah will remain valid.
One needs to take precaution in the covering of the awrah as it is amongst the prerequisites of salah.
Only Allah knows best
Written by Molana Eunus Ali
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham
 Raddul Muhtar, Volume 2, Page 91 & 93, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah
 Raddul Muhtar, Volume 2, Page 95, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah
HashiyatutTahtawi, Page 472, QadimiKutubKhanah
 Raddul Muhtar, Volume 2, Page 542, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah
FatawaMahmoodiyyah, Volume 7, Page 461, JamiahFarooqiyyah
 Raddul Muhtar, Volume 2, Page 370, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah
HashiyatutTahtawi, Page 337, QadimiKutubKhanah
This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.