Is the Fast broken if a woman inserts medicine into her private parts

Answered by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Question:

I have a question about whether my fast is intact or not, I have to use a small stimulator for my pelvic exercise. It’s a vagina probe, you put gel on it and put it in the vagina, it’s connected to a stimulator and it does pelvic exercise inside, in this condition is my fast intact?

Answer:

Bismillah

It is mentioned in the classical books of Fiqh that if a woman inserts medicine into her private parts then her fast will be broken as there is an opening in the bladder which leads to the medicine entering the stomach.(Badaaius Sanai p.93 v.2)

However, modern medical research has shown that there is not a passage in the bladder leading to the stomach, therefore, regarding your question, your fast would not break. This is also the opinion of some of our scholars like Mufti Rafi Usmani (DB). 

Only Allah Knows Best

Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.

Find more answers indexed from: DarulIftaBirmingham