Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » Should I work two months to get my experience letter, even though I know the income is Haram?

Should I work two months to get my experience letter, even though I know the income is Haram?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
Assalamualaikum, I am working in Standard chartered bank credit card department, My job description is to offer Loan against Credit card (Qharaz mein maqrooze kar na) 100% (riba) Interest involved in this business, I have been working more than a year. Later on I saw one video of zaid Hamid Pakistani defence in security analyst saying that those who involved in interest (allah aur is ke rasool is ke saath élan e jang karange). So I realize it’s unlawful and unislamic den decided to resign my job, I have put down my paper (istifah de diah) but HR policies of company says I have to work for 2 months to get my experience letter. It’s useful for my career growth if I want to search for another job den I have produce that experience letter, so that I can demand high salary. My question is #1. Should I have to work for two month to get my experience letter? Or to resign immediately. If yes I can work for two month, Den what about my two months salary? Is it Halal or Haram? 2. Tell me what about the income which I have earned this many years and spend money for my family, clothing. My whole family ate Haram Luqma this many years. My father doesn’t know what sought of income it is, He just know am working in a call centre. 3. Should I have to tell my father the money which I earn this many years it haram or just I can leave this matter as it is and search for a new job. Please advice me.


(Fatwa: 1512/1439=B=1430)

It is appreciable that you decided to leave your job in order to avoid interest. May Allah give you best alternate for the same! In the case mentioned above, you may continue working for more two months for obtaining certificate. It is allowable for you, but when you get a lawful job and earn halal livelihood, you should give the salary of these two months in charity bit by bit. If you can afford, you should give the salary of the past one year also in charity, otherwise seek forgiveness from Allah only. There is no need to inform the father of the same.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Read answers with similar topics: