Respected Ulema,I have a doubt that can we become a part of government and serve as an IAS(Indian … be in such a job. please give detailed answer.

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta Deoband Waqf
Respected Ulema,I have a doubt that can we become a part of government and serve as an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) or IFS(Indian Foreign Service) officer? My doubt is because sometimes we have to follow the orders in those kind of job which is against Islam, suppose I am a DM of a district and if there is any liquor shop is being opened then i have to sign it and give permission, and being Muslim it is haram for me to give permission for wine shop, and there are many cases in which a person has to chose between Islam and country/system/government/duty. so in above mentioned case is it allowed for a muslim to be in such a job. please give detailed answer.

Answer:

In the name of Allah the most Gracious the most Merciful

The answer to your question is as follows:

The government officials are instructed about the limits of the relevant departments and the responsibilities are explained to them. After being appointed as an officer you are responsible for implementing the national laws. Therefore, if you have to permit for anything that is allowed constitutionally but which goes against the Shari’ah, you can permit for it unwillingly and seek forgiveness of Allah for being forced to permit for what is against the Shari’ah, and try your best to avoid such a situation. And Allah knows best

Darul Ifta

Darul Uloom Waqf Deoband

This answer was collected from the official website of Darul Uloom Deoband Waqf. The institution is based in India and the answers are provided in accordance to the Hanafi Fiqh.

Find more answers indexed from: Darulifta Deoband Waqf