Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmathullahi Wa Barakathahu. Dear shaykh what is hanafi method to annul a marriage bedsides divorce from husband? If the wife was treated unjustly and the husband does not want to make up the marriage and the wife no longer wants to stay in the marriage. Do the wife and husband need witnesses to do that? How many Islamic judges are required in this case? If there is no shaykh or scholar in one’s residence can the parents annul it? JazakAllahu Khair
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
In order for us to respond, please clarify the following points:
- What do you mean by “treated unjustly”?
- Why does the husband not issue a divorce if he “does not want to make up the marriage”?
- Have the spouses explored the option of khula` or not? For an explanation on khula`, refer to the following link: http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/19363
- How do you define “residence”?
- Which country are you from and is there a local ulamā body there?
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Hanif Yusuf Patel
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.