Please explain the procedure for Tayammum, etc. for such a case.
1. Patients that are bed-ridden normally have people attending to their
needs and assisting them in such a situation. It is possible for them to
assist them with Salaat preparation. In the unlikely event of having nobody
to assist them at all or do having somebody but such a person before whom
one is not allowed to expose his Satar (private parts), i.e. below the navel
to below the knee for male, then in such a compelling situation, the patient
is allowed to read the Salaat with the impurity on and the Salaat will not
have to be repeated.
2. Wudhu will have to be made for the Salaat. However, if due to the nature
of his illness he cannot make Wudhu, or he cannot reach the water at all and
there is nobody at all to assist him, then he may perform Tayammum.
Procedure for Tayammum
1. Niyyat. I am making Tayammum for Wudhu/Ghusl.
2. Strike both hands on earth and dust, thereafter, rub on face.
3. Strike for second time and rub both forearms including elbows. Kindly
read authentic Kitaabs on Tayammum for more information.
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai