What to do in a case where one is invited to someone’s house or if a muslim gives you some food. Do we ask what their income is

I would like to know that since many muslims accept interest or earn their income in a haraam,etc , their food becomes haraam too. What to do in a case where one is invited to someone’s house or if a muslim gives you some food. Do we ask what their income is, etc. or do we just eat. Please enlighten me as this is bugging me and I try to avoid all outside people’s food and my dad thing that I am going too extreme.

Answer

If the Halaal income received is more than the interest, then the food can be eaten. If the interest received is more than the Halaal income, then one is not allowed to eat the food. Generally, the businesses of Muslims are Halaal, but they receive minimum interest from the bank. Since most of the money is Halaal, the food can be eaten.

Mufti Muhammad Ashraf
DARUL IFTA JAMEAH MAHMOODIYAH, SPRINGS

JOINT PROJECT WITH DARUL IFTA, MADRASAH IN’AAMIYYAH, CAMPERDOWN