Can i remove hairs from my body by using laser treatment ? Is it acceptable in Islam ?

I have one confusion regarding hairs on body. I have long hairs on all over my body and due to this I feel shy to wear half sleeve clothes or going to swimming etc. My question is, Can i remove hairs from my body by using laser treatment ? Is it acceptable in Islam ?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

Laser treatment to remove the hair on the shoulders and biceps is permissible as long as there is no medical harm to one’s body. However, it is undesirable for men to remove hair on the chest, back and legs. However if a need exists, it would be permissible to remove such hair.   

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Ismail Desai,

Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

وفي حلق شعر الصدر والظهر ترك الأدب كذا في القنية ولو عالج بالنورة في العانة يجوز كذا في الغرائب 

لفتاوى الهندية  – (ج 5 / ص 358)