Answer: The Fuqaha mention that if the impurity is from the category of Najaasat e galeezah (heavy filth), the excusable amount for the sake of prayer is the size of a Dirham. That is the surface area of the inner concave circle of the palm. The way to determine its size is to put water on the hand with the palm extended, the water which remains on the palm indicates the approximate area (about 3-5 cm in diameter). If it’s more than that, Salaat performed whilst having it on one’s clothes/body, will be invalid. Based on this, if it was less than the mentioned amount, everyone’s Salaat will be valid, and if it was more, everyone’s Salaat will be invalid. (References: Maraaqil Falaah pg 222, Durrul Mukhtaar vol 1, pg 211, Ascent to felicity pg 59)
If the Imam accidently leads Salaah with Najasaah (impurity) on his clothes, then what is the state of his Salaah and in turn, the Salaah of the congregation? Does the Salaah have to be repeated?
This Q&A was collected from the official web portal of Academy of Research in Islamic Jurisprudence (Arij) from Canada, which was headed by Mufti Ibrahim Kureshi and Mufti Zakariyya Panchbhaya. As the original website is no longer accessible, we have provided a source link of each answer to the archive copy from Way Back Machine.
- Dua’ in Islam = Tawakul Bathl Al jouhd In the case of women in islam, how are we supposed to get married? A woman cannot look for a man, can she?
- Who can accept compensation for tarawih: a.) the regular Imam, b.) the hafidh called for leading tarawih, or c.) the one who gives correction [sami’]?
- Diference between Makrooh Tahrimi and Tanzihi?
- Feeling Something in ones Vagina when being Touched on the arm by a Male
- Is It Permitted to Mockingly Joke About Openly Corrupt Political Figures?
- Mother marrying a man who committed zina with her daughter
- If a man unintentionally touches his daughter does Hurmat Musaaharah take place