Menstruation (Haidh) after Post-Natal Bleeding (Nifaas)

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by TheMufti.com

Q. I need help pls, my nifas finished on 3 August (40days). On the 19th Aug I saw very little light brown discharge at asr. The next day only saw at zuhr, clean whole day and the next day only at Fajr and then clean. On sun 26 Aug saw again very little light brown once in morning, then clean, then the next day again very little. Can I take all this as istihaaza? Will it be haidh?

A. The maximum period of Nifaas is 40 days. The period of Haidh will only be considered after a clean period of 15 days has lapsed from the time the period of Nifaas terminated. (Shaami 1/285)

In the enquired case, a spotting occurred after 15 days had lapsed on the 19th, 20th, 21th, 26th and 27th of August. In total, the entire period from the 19th to the 27th will be considered a 9-day period of Haidh and not Istihaadha.

Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ismaeel Bassa

This answer was collected from TheMufti.com, which is a fatwa portal managed by Mufti Ismaeel Bassa from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from: TheMufti.com