Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Tafseer Raheemi » Father wants to gift house to one son, Is it allowed?

Father wants to gift house to one son, Is it allowed?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Tafseer Raheemi

Question: My father wants to give me his house as a gift from him as I don’t own a house. However my brothers are objecting to this. Although all my brothers have their own houses that they have bought themselves without our fathers help. Is it allowed for my father to give me his house?

Answer: Is there any reason why he’s giving you preference?? E.g. Being the youngest and at home, doing more khidmat,, having no regular income etc. where there is a genuine reason, it would be allowed. Equality between children in gifts is mustahabb.

It would be makrooh to give preference to one child, without any reason. Your father could get them together, explain to them, take their permission and then gift it to you.

This answer was collected from Tafseer-Raheemi.com the official website of Sheikh Abdul Raheem Limbada (Hafizahullah) of UK.

Read answers with similar topics: