Home » Hanafi Fiqh » ShariahBoard.org » Should we give up Sunnah to please our in-laws?

Should we give up Sunnah to please our in-laws?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by ShariahBoard.org

I am engaged to my cousin and I love her very much. Now I’m spending fully Islamic life. They say “you are not a good person now” and want me to remove my beard and I cant do that. Please tell me what I should do. Please tell me any dua. (Pakistan)

A person is love is examined at times like this to see whether he loves his Allah and messenger more already loves the creation more. He should never cut your beard and be courageous, if these people are willing to marry you with your condition that it is good thing otherwise you should let go of it for the sake of Allah and do not involve yourself from this potential relationship and you’ll not be humiliated.

Original Source Link (from Way Back Machine archive)

This answer was collected from Shariahboard.org. It was established under the supervision of the eminent faqih of our era, Hazrat Shah Mufti Mohammed Navalur Rahman damat barakatuhum.