Home » Hanafi Fiqh » ShariahBoard.org » From my understanding Tafweez is excepting what ever Allah ordained for you. I am in no doubt that Allah is control of everything but within Tafweez how does one develop the desire to achieve there goals. Since one may feel there fate has already been made.

From my understanding Tafweez is excepting what ever Allah ordained for you. I am in no doubt that Allah is control of everything but within Tafweez how does one develop the desire to achieve there goals. Since one may feel there fate has already been made.

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by ShariahBoard.org
From my understanding Tafweez is excepting what ever Allah ordained for you. I am in no doubt that Allah is control of everything but within Tafweez how does one develop the desire to achieve there goals. Since one may feel there fate has already been made. (U.S.A)
Whatever you have mentioned is called ‘tasleem’ and the meaning of ‘tafweedh’ is that a person should not assign something to himself or herself. Even if the person does something like that must realize at the end that the pleasure of Allah and keeping good opinion of whatever happens should be there. With that whatever that may happen, a person should accept it. Everything is in the control of Allah and he has decided everything and as to what should happen and what will happen is not out of the sphere of Allah’s knowledge. Allah has taught humans to acquire necessary means to accomplish their objectives and interests. The prophet peace be upon him have said that the people should well plan for their end goals. The most important thing after faith is good planning. Since, this world is the world of means a person should try to fulfill his needs and desires with the best of planning. A person should say that I’m doing this but whatever is most pleasing to Allah will happen. It is not good to decide something for oneself and be dead set on it such that if the person doesn’t receive it he gets stressed out because this thing is against the concept of ‘tafweedh’. To hand over something to Allah and to accept the results from him is ‘tafweedh’.

It is one thing to plan and another thing to expect results according to the plan. Results are not in our control therefore we should be content with whatever happens whether the results are according to our desires or against them. At the end there should be no complaints.

Original Source Link (from Way Back Machine archive)

This answer was collected from Shariahboard.org. It was established under the supervision of the eminent faqih of our era, Hazrat Shah Mufti Mohammed Navalur Rahman damat barakatuhum.