Supplication for a specific gender of child

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by ShariahBoard.org

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah 

I and my husband would like to have a baby girl, please let us know of a dua (supplication) which we can read in order to fulfill this wish. Please also mention if it would be read before and during initial stage of pregnancy or throughout the pregnancy? We also request you to make dua for us that our children be pious.

JazakAllah Khair

الجواب وباللہ التوفیق

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah

You should read the complete ayat number 35*, and ayat number 36 of Surah Aal-e-Imran till the following point after every salah one time:

انی سمیتھا مریم

If Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta‘ala gives you a girl she should be named Mariam (مریم).

إِذْ قَالَتِ امْرَأَتُ عِمْرَانَ*

فقط واللہ اعلم

This answer was collected from Shariahboard.org. It was established under the supervision of the eminent faqih of our era, Hazrat Shah Mufti Mohammed Navalur Rahman damat barakatuhum.

Find more answers indexed from: ShariahBoard.org