Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam
Question: Assalam alaikum,
1. Is it a sin to stare at inanimate things like mountains, trees or cars?
2. Is it a sin to bend unintentionally in front of someone? Am I “prostrating” to him?
3. I keep getting bad images in my mind when I think of Allah. What should I do?
I pray that this message finds you well, insha’Allah.
(1) There is no harm in looking at such inanimate objects, particularly when the intention is to reflect and marvel at the Creating of Allah.
(2) No, ignore it. This is far from being prostration.
(3) Ask Allah Most High for forgiveness, seek refuge in Him from the devil, and ask Him to free you from such misgivings.
And consider taking the following free class at SeekersHub: Absolute Essentials of Islam: Basic Hanafi Jurisprudence (STEP) and: Excellence in Faith & Action (from Ghazali’s 40 Foundations of Religion)
And Allah alone knows best.
Checked & Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.