How Should I Make up Missed Witr Payers?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: As salam alaykum,

I have over a year’s worth of Witr prayers to make up, as I did not know that according to the Hanafi fiqh Witr prayers are wajib. What is the exact method of performing makeup prayers for Witr?

Answer: Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

I pray that this message finds you well, insha’Allah.

You can make up the Witr prayer at any time of day or night, except during sunrise, sunset, and around the time the sun is at its zenith.

You should perform three units (rak`ats) just like you normally would, intending that this is the last Witr prayer you owe, until you have completed all of them.

Ask Allah for facilitation and success.

Please see: Prohibited times for Prayers and Makeup Prayers‏ and: Questions Regarding Make-Up Prayers and Make-Up Fasts

And Allah alone knows best.

wassalam,

Tabraze Azam

Checked & Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.

Find more answers indexed from: Seekersguidance.org