Praying a voluntary prayer for someone else

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Qibla.com

Answered by SunniPath Answer Service Team

I was wondering if it is possible to read nafl salaah for someone else? i.e. you read the salaah but you as well as someone else receives reward (sawaab) for it?

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Wa Alaykum Assalam wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuhu,

In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful & Compassionate

From a previous question answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani:

It is related that the gifts of alms, prayers, and Qur’anic recitation sent by the living to the dead reach them carried by the angels on plates of light, and adorned with silk handkerchiefs, and they say to them: ‘This is a gift from so-and-so’, and in this way they find joy and delight.

Please see the following link in answer to your question:

My mother died, can I do anything for her?

Wassalam,

SunniPath Fiqh Team

This answer was indexed from Qibla.com, which used to have a repository of Islamic Q&A answered by various scholars. The website is no longer in existence. It has now been transformed into a learning portal with paid Islamic course offering under the brand of Kiflayn.

Find more answers indexed from: Qibla.com