Washing one’s hands last

Q: We live in the same flat eat dinner together, one of the person among us, use to finish dinner late and wash his hands after all of us. Initially I felt like he is following sunnah but later he started doing it intentionally like he finished his dinner before all of us but still waits for all of us and even sometimes if he get up from dining, he don’t wash his hands until and unless we all washes ours. He roams around the house with those unwashed hands. We usually meet for dinner only and this person intentionally starts his dinner in last and washes his hands in last. i.e. after everyone. He is the first guy who sit on dining but still he waits for everyone. Couple of times, I told him to start the dinner, he didn’t, he used some tricks here and there but didn’t started and even same happened to wash the hands after dinner. I am
confused if this is his superstition or sunnah or what? It seems like me others also observed him but never discussed it, as it is quit silly but I feel uneasy joining with such person who has superstition or shirk. Please appreciate if you could spread some light on this activity and send
some rules of eating and ethics.

A: We suggest that you ask him directly.