Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Extramarital affairs

Extramarital affairs

Q: My friend took khula from her husband (father of her kids) and after a year did nikaah with someone else. After 2 months she left him and went back to her ex-husband and denied her nikaah with the second husband and remarried her first husband without taking divorce from the second husband. She said that the second husband is lying about their nikaah and even filed a case of marriage jactation against the second husband in the court which is still pending. Now after 2 years she is again meeting the second husband secretly while she is still staying with her first husband and now she says that the second husband is her husband and she has sexual relationship with him and goes back home and acts like her first husband’s wife and also has sexual relations with him. Please tell me who is her Islamic husband and who is doing zina with her? 


A: We suggest that you refer this case to the Jamiat of your locality and ask them to investigate into this matter.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: