Females placing their elbows on the ground when making sajdah

Q: According to the Hanafi mazhab, females are supposed to be close to the ground during sajdah and should therefore put their elbows on the ground. But there is a Hadith in which Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) says that doing so is imitating dogs. Maybe that hadith was meant only for men, but just to be on the safe side, am I allowed to raise my elbows off the ground?

A: This Hadith refers to men. There is a difference between the salaah of men and women in certain postures. As far as women are concerned, they are commanded to place their elbows on the ground and bring it close to their sides during sajdah. or further details, refer to: http://muftionline.co.za/node/7145