Distributing one’s property to one’s siblings

Q: My father built a house and the house was on my grandmother’s name. Now the house is on my mother’s name. My father and grandmother are both dead respectively and now my mother transfered this house on my elder brother’s name. We are 4 brothers and 3 sisters. My brother got the market value of the house and divided the property between us seven family member including him. What does Islam say about the division of the property?

A: If it was passed on to your mother together with observing all the laws of winding of the estate and she has given it to one son, then the property belongs to that son and he can do with it as he wishes.