Woman wearing jeans and short shirts at home

Q: Can Muslim women wear jeans at home? I live with my parents. Whenever I go out I usually wear an abbaya but at home I usually wear jeans with sometimes short shirts. Is this also considered imitating men? I mean there is alot of difference in men’s and women’s shirts.

So is wearing these kind of shirts with jeans at home also haraam? Many women nowadays wear jeans so is this also considered imitating men?

A: Obviously, it is imitating.

Yes, not only imitating but wearing such revealing clothing is not at all permissible even in the presence of women.