Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Demanding one’s share of inheritance

Demanding one’s share of inheritance

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I was asked after my father’s death whether I want my miras (property) or not in my father’s property. Because of some family stress I said no, but now I want my part. My question is, can I ask for it? What does sharia say about it?


A: In the case stated, according to Shari’ah, it still belongs to you and you have the right to demand your share.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: