1. If the asr time starts at 3.57 and sun sets is at 5.32, what is the mustahab time to perform asr and when does the makrooh time start?
2. If fajr starts at 5.25 and magrib starts at 5.34 what is the mustahab time to pray esha?
3. My salah app shows that sehri or tahajjud time ends at 5.16 and fajr starts at 5.25, Can I pray tahajjud between this time?
1. The mustahab in the Asr is to perform the namaaz when the time sets in. The makrooh time will be to delay it until the colour of the horizon in the west begins to change signaling the approach of sunset.
2. It is difficult to give the exact mustahab time for Esha. This revolves around the disappearing of the shafaq abyadh. The shafaq abyadh disappearing may differ from place to place and from time to time.
3. Once the sehri time has ended i.e. the subuh saadiq has set in then Fajr time has commenced.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)