1. I have married my husband with the intention of fulfilling my needs and after it to get a divorce from him. But now Alhamdulillah I realized that it’s very wrong and now I love him and want to be with him. So is our marriage valid?
2. Before marriage we did many things but not intercourse. So should I only repent to Allah?
3. Before marriage he gave me gifts like dresses, laptop, etc which I’m still using. So will it be permissible to use it now?
4. Few months ago he once said that you are divorced thrice but few minutes later he said it was due to anger. It’s been 2 years now but we still cannot do intercourse because I fear a lot. So is our marriage valid?
1. Despite this being your intention, the marriage was valid.
2. If the wrongs were done jointly then encourage a joint istighfaar and taubah.
4. If he divorced you thrice, the marriage is invalid and it is haraam for you to live with him.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)