Random Q&A

Ill treatment from one’s father

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I need guidance that how I should react when my father hurts me and my mother with his rude words. No doubt he has brought me up, gave me education but nver showed affection to me. I am the only child of my parents but he has never pampered me. I only got love from my mother. Now I am 29 years old women unmarried but engaged. My father has a greed for money. My mother is a patient of multiple problems but he never cares for her, rather makes her feel like she is not so good. My mother is a very kind person but my father never appreciates her nor me. Neither he offers prayers. Now my question is when my father crosses limits fights with me, I control my anger but sometimes I say back to him but logically how should I react with him? When he don’t talk to me how I should greet him when he don’t see towards me because I fear Allah. Please guide me and ease my pain.


A: Make du`aa for him.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!