1. Can I recite darud sharif while walking through a non-muslim cemetery?
2. Can muslim sister allowed to visit there parents grave once a week, every week?
3. Are we allowed to grow small plants on our parents grave?
4. Are we allowed to put fresh flowers on our parents grave?
5. Are we allowed to clean and tidy someone grave next to our parents grave?
6. Are we allowed to play any surat on our phone at the grave of our parents?
7. Are we allowed to put extra soil on top of the grave, because original has sank down?
8. My parents grave soil is flat, but I see some grave soil is shape like dome are we allowed to do that?
9. I heard that on Thursday maghrib time the dead person’s rooh comes home till Friday. Is this true?
1. Any du`aa can be recited. What is the need to walk through a non-Muslim cemetry.
3 – 4. No.
5. Yes, provided it is a muslim grave.
6. This is a baseless practice. It must be stopped.
8. Raising it slightly not exceeding one hand span is permissible.
9. This is all superstition and baseless. These beliefs have got nothing to do with Islam.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)