1. Can Muslim men wear pants and shirts if the pants is not so tight fitting?
2. Can Muslim men wear jeans pants if it not very tight fitting?
3. Can men leave their pants below the ankles when going to office? Provided he doesn’t have pride in doing so. And when he goes for mosque for namaz he folds his pants above the ankles. Just when going for job he doesn’t fold it because it look awkward in the office when the pants is folded from below.
4. Is it permissible to wear safari suit for Muslim men in some formal occasions in the work place as well as in the wedding?
1 – 2. Wearing tight fitting clothing is not at all in keeping with Islamic standards.
3. Pants should be above the ankles at all times.
4. As long as it is not clothing or a fashion of the kuffaar or fujjaar it is permissible to wear.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)