Brother in-laws son living in one’s house

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: Please send a dua or waazifa to read. My brother in-laws son wants to come stay with us and I don’t think it is right when I have a young girl of 13 years in the house and he is 17 years old. I also feel that I will have no privacy as I am full time in scarf. My husband and in-laws feel I am selfish. I don’t want to hurt anyone but Islamically I don’t think it is right he is not my son. Please help to read something that he can understand and agree to stay somewhere else or travel daily to his parents than staying in my house.


A: Make du`aa after ishraaq namaaz. May Allah Ta`ala grant them the understanding.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!