Husband living abroad

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I am a married woman 24 years old. My husband is abroad and due to passport and visa issues, I have to wait till I get over there. I pray salah five times. Now for the time being I masturbate secretly without the knowledge of my husband. I am justified. I can’t fast as I have health issues.


A: Insist on your husband that he should visit you in closer intervals as it is becoming unbearable.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: