Is it compulsory upon the husband to take his wife for Hajj

Q: I planned to go for Hajj with my wife but she got pregnant and then I went alone and performed Hajj this year. My question is: Is it compulsory on me to take my wife for Hajj; if yes then when? (I heard I can’t go for Hajj for next five years according to Saudi Hajj Policy as I just performed Hajj this year) Is it fardh on the husband to take his wife for Hajj?

A: It is not compulsory upon you to take your wife for her Hajj. She may go for Hajj with any of her mahrams (e.g. father or brother).