Reference for Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) making du’a for the ummah in every Salah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

I wanted to know the authenticity/reference of the following narration. The summary is:

Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) made Dua for Aishah (radiyallahu’anha) due to which she became very happy. Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said i make this dua for my Ummah every day.

Please assist.

Answer

The full narration is as follows:

Once Aishah (radiyallahu’anha) requested that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) make du’a for her. Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) suplicated:
“O Allah! forgive all Aishah’s sins; the past and future and what was done in secrecy or in public.”
Aishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) became extremely happy. Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: “This is my du’a for my ummah in every salah.”
This is recorded in Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 7111 and Musnad Bazzar.
‘Allamah Haithami (rahimahullah) says: “The narrators are reliable.” (Majma’uz Zawaid (9/243-244)
Also see: Hayatus Sahabah. Vol. 3, pg. 339.

And Allah Ta’ala knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com