A great reward for serving one’s parents

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

Whoever looks at their parents lovingly, Allah will reward him with the reward of performing an accepted Hajj.

Is it permissible to quote the above Hadith?

Answer

After Allah Ta’ala and his Rasul (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam), there is no one who has more rights on us than our parents.

The Hadith you have queried has very unreliable chains.

One should rather quote the following authentic Hadith which has similar meaning.
Sayyiduna Anas (radiyallahu’anhu) reports that a man came to Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and said: “I wish to participate in Jihad, but I cannot afford it.” Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) enquired if any of his parents were alive, to which he said: “Yes! My mother is alive”

Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said:

“Show Allah how you serve her. If you do so (duly) you will be like a: Haji, a Mu’tamir (one doing ‘Umrah) and a Mujahid (One striving in Allah’s way).”

(Abu Ya’la, Hadith:2760, and Tabarani with good chains.-Targhib, vol.3, pg. 315 & Mukhtasar Ithaf, Hadith:5721)

The above Hadith proves that one who cares for his/her parents, will indeed receive the rewards of Haj, ‘Umrah and striving in Allah way.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com