Hadith promising huge reward for a menstruating woman

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

I received the following as a broadcasted message, and would just like to know what is its authenticity:

Menstruation in Ramadan..It is related in a Hadith that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said if a woman reads (at her time of haidh – menstruation).

Subhanaka astaghfirullahal lathi la ilaha illa huwal hayyul qayyum

70 times at the time of every salah or any other istighfar even if it be astagfirullah only, then she will get the reward of reading 1000 rak’ats of salah, 70 of her sins are forgiven, her status is raised in the eyes of Allah and for every letter of istighfar, she gets a nur and for every vein in the body, one hajj and umrah is written!”

(Majalisul Abrar)

Jazakallahu khayr.

Answer

I could not locate this in the popular Hadith books.

The reference that is quoted in your query is not of a reputable primary Hadith-source.

The promise of hugely inflated rewards for deeds that are relatively simple and easy is commonly found in fabricated Hadiths.

(Tadribur Rawi)

One should be cautious in sharing Hadiths like the above, especially since it cannot be traced to an authentic source.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com