1. Can I also lick the skin outside of my lips? I noticed it can be difficult to avoid.
2. I know that according to one opinion, you can lick your lips then lick them again straight after. Is this permissible do to for the outside of my lips aswell?
3. And what about the spit that unintentionally goes on the outside of my lips? Is this permissible to lick?
Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
1) Yes, that is permissible and will not break the fast or Salah.
2) Whilst it is permissible and this too will not affect the validity of the prayer or fast, it is better not to lick the lips twice consecutively, since many scholars ruled that by licking collectively the prayer or fast will be nullified.
3) Yes, it is permissible to lick.
And Allaah Ta’aala knows best
Ismail Moosa (Mufti)