1

What happens if a tissue, wet with urine touches me?

Prev Question
Next Question

Answered by:  Maulana Mustafa Umar​

Question:

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

If I put a tissue after urination to prevent urine drops, and it moves out of place and touches my body and clothes, will the body and clothes become impure? Do I have to wash them?

Answer:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

The body and clothes only becomes impure when they are touched by urine. (Al-Ikhtiyar Kitab at-Taharah, Bab al-Najasah) If the tissue moved out of place and was soiled with urine, then the body or clothing would become impure if the urine transferred from the paper to the body or clothing.

However, if the paper had dried urine, it would not necessarily transfer over unless the place was moist. Simply touching paper with dried urine does not make the body or clothing impure because touching it when dry does not cause the transfer. (Al-Ikhtiyar Al-Ikhtiyar Kitab at-Taharah, Bab al-Najasah)

Lastly, keep in mind that even if some urine had transferred and that part of your body or clothing has become impure, any small amount of impurity on the body or the clothing which is the size of your inner palm is overlooked if you cannot clean it for the purpose of prayer. (Al-Ikhtiyar Al-Ikhtiyar Kitab at-Taharah, Bab al-Najasah)

Only Allāh Ta’ālā knows best

Written by Maulana Mustafa Umar

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Dārul Iftā Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.