Home » Hanafi Fiqh » DarulIftaBirmingham » Providing for a unmarried daughter

Providing for a unmarried daughter

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by DarulIftaBirmingham

Answered by:  Moulana Tahsin Alam​


Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

I am a female unmarried adult living with my parents. Is it still my father’s responsibility to provide expenses for me.

Also if I buy something with my parent’s money for myself is it considered my property or will it go to an inheritance share after parents death.


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Yes, it is your father’s responsibility to provide for you until you are married.[1] If you buy something for yourself with their money, it will be considered your property.

Only Allah SWT alone knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Tahsin Alam

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham


[1] Ibn ʿĀbidīn, RaddulMuḥtār, volume 5 pg. 361.


This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.

Read answers with similar topics: