1

Are all Hadith in Sahih Bukhari authentic?

Answered by:  Aalimah Sabrina Saidova​

Question:

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

Answer:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Imam Bukhari had compiled his Sahihul Bukhari with the intention of compiling only authentic prophetic traditions in one compilation. Therefore, according to the criteria of Imam Bukhari himself, all the Hadith are authentic; as he has said: “I have not included in my book “al-Jami’” except what is authentic…” However, this excludes the chapter headings (taraajim). Also, although according to Imam Bukhari, all the Hadith are authentic, it is possible that according to the criteria of other Hadith scholars, a selective of Hadith may not be authentic. Nevertheless, the ummah has accepted it as the most authentic book after the Book of Allah Ta’ala.[1]

Only Allah knows best

Answered by Aalimah Sabrina Saidova

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

[1] Muqaddama Ibn Salah, pg.23, Darul Ghadd al-Jadeed/ Tayseeru Mustalahil Hadith,pg. 37-38, Tahhaan

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.