1

Salah before its time

Answered by: Molana Eunus Ali

Question:

Asalaamalaikum  can u tell me are you allowed to read fajr  salah before the start time because I start  work at 6 am.

Answer

Surely, Salah is an obligation on the believers that is tied up with time. (Surah Nisaa: 103)

The cause of the obligation of the compulsory salah is the entering of the time itself of that particular salah. Hence, to perform the salah prior to its allocated time will not be valid and will need to performed in its correct time.[1]

In regards to your question, it will not be permissible for you to perform the Fajr Salah before its beginning time.

Perhaps you may speak to your manager or employer to be excused for five minutes to perform the Fajr Salah. This would be only for the winter season as the time for Fajr will begin before your work starts in the summer.

Only Allah knows best

Written by Molana Eunus Ali

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

[1] Raddul Muhtar, Volume 2, Page 29, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah

Al-BinayahSharhulHidayah, Volume 2, Page 8, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.