1

Fantasizing and ejaculating during the fast

Answered by: Molana Eunus Ali

Question

I was in sleep and then I woke up. Even after waking up, I was on my bed and my eyes were closed. Suddenly I started dreaming purposely that I am having intercourse with a woman, whom I know very well. While dreaming purposely I have discharged. Does my Ramadan fast is validate?

Answer

Semen discharged whilst sleeping (wet dream) or due to thinking or imagination (fantasising) will not invalidate the fast.

The person will continue the fast as normal and it will not have to be repeated.

As for semen discharged as a result of contact such as kissing and touching (not including intentional sexual intercourse), the fast will be invalid and will need to be repeated (qadha).[1]

In regards to your question as the discharge took place whilst asleep the fast will remain intact.

Please refer to the following link:

http://daruliftabirmingham.co.uk/ejaculating-whilst-having-a-lucid-dream-2/

Only Allah knows best

Written by Molana Eunus Ali

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

[1] Al Lubab Fi SharhilKitaab, Page 173, Al MaktabatulUmariyyah

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.